Friday, April 24, 2020

DAY 42 CORONAVIRUS FATIGUE

Day 42 since I have left the house

I have thought long and hard about how I can help while being locked in my house.  I have given money to charities and bought Easter dinner for almost 20 first responders and people who can't afford a meal.  Before the coronavirus was known to be serious in our area, I passed out fliers telling people to wash their hands and distance from others.  Now I have to stay inside or in my backyard (which is a jungle) to stay safe so there is not much I can do to help out. 

People are starting to get fatigued about being inside their houses for so long.  I haven't so far partly because I went into this knowing it was going to be a long haul.  Now, who knows how I will feel months from now.  I may get tired of watching reruns when the fall comes and there are no new shows to watch because they can't film a new show with social distancing and face masks.  I may get tired of connecting to family and friends by phone and video and texting.  Friends may get tired of not seeing me in person.  Lucky may get fed up being inside all the time and me being home all the time.  Maybe she liked it when I left her alone for hours at a time? 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!