Thursday, April 30, 2020

DAY 48 FINDING TREASURES

Day 48 since I have left the house

I made rice pilaf from scratch today. I had some rice that I used to sop up some oil a while ago and some article I read suggested I save the rice to make rice pilaf.  So today I got the ingredients together and started cooking.  First I toasted the almonds in butter.  I got distracted cleaning out a cabinet.  I found all sorts of treasures.  I found some homemade jam that my neighbor's gave me more than 10 years ago.  I asked my brother if it was smart to throw it away and he said yes.

While I was distracted, I cooked the almonds too much.  I didn't burn them but they got very brown.  The rice turned out really delicious.  It is creamy and tasty.

I also found udon noodles, rice noodles and vegan "gelatin" in the back of the cabinet.  It is so much fun to find such treasures.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!