Wednesday, October 31, 2018

SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES CONFIRMED

Happy Halloween!  

I went to the doctor today to get my arm checked out.  My left arm has been swollen (but not swollen visually) and has been hurting under the arm since five days after getting the first of two Shinrex shingles shots.  The doctor looked at it and pushed on it and determined what I had already surmised; it is a lymph node or lymph nodes that have gone haywire.  He said in simple terms that I got the shot which sent a bad thing into my body.  I am on a bunch of medicine.  My body saw it and went haywire thinking I have been invaded.  In normal people their white blood cells kill the invader and it is done.  My body went haywire and is looking for the culprit.  He says this may take upwards to 12 weeks to clear up.  I was unhappy to hear this because my brother is getting married in a month and in a little over a month I am supposed to get the boost second Shinrex shingles shot. I can't possibly get the second shot until this clears up.  He also shared with me that the second shot is going to be worse!  Lovely!  Something to look forward to for the holidays! 

On the plus side, it will get better and it isn't something horrible. My body is doing what it is meant to do.  He thinks I should talk to my RA doctor and see about getting on the new RA medicine right away and see if it will clear this up sooner.  I was resistant to hearing that at first because my experience with adding another medicine has not always been so great.  I usually like to fix the current challenge before adding another challenge to the mix.  I don't know how I will react to the new medicine and I don't need to have a weird reaction right before my brother's wedding.  I have not had the experience with medicines.

The RA doctor's office called back and said the doctor wants to see me.  The only appointment he has is in late November.  Ugh.

I had some Trick-or-Treaters today.  Not as many as I wanted,  I have a bunch of candy leftover. 

The body shop called today to tell me they made a mistake and they owe me $400!  Woo hoo!  That makes the two $500 deductibles hurt a bit less. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!