Saturday, October 6, 2018

DOGGIE SICK HOUSE

After a rough night, Happi ate a good amount of food. Happi had a hard time sleeping. I think she was in a bit of pain. She was shivering at 4 am.

Lucky on the other hand had stopped vomiting thanks to the shot the doctor gave her yesterday but now it was coming out the other end. She was not interested in eating much.

I called the doctor and she said give each a medicine I had on hand and call her back if things didn't improve.

Once things settled down and they both went to sleep, I put a gate on the stairs so Happi could not go galavanting up and down and went to run a few errands.  Amongst other things I needed to get a shingles shot. There is a new shingles shot that is not a live vaccine. This means I can get it. I have had a fear that I would get shingles, I don't know why. I guess because a friend had shingles and it is no fun. Super painful.

I have been waiting for this shot for months because it is new everyone wants one. It is made for people who can not take the live vaccine. People who are immunosuppressed like me. I can't get on my new RA drug Xelganz until I get this shot.

I got a call a week ago from the pharmacy saying they found an extra and did I want it?  YES!  I decided a long weekend was the perfect time to get the shot because it has side effects.

First side effect is that the injection site hurts. Not just in the way a shot hurts but it feels like you had stiches kind of hurts. Fabric touching it hurts. Laying on it hurts. They tell you to ice it the first day and warm compresses after that.

Then the you will feel tired and have "flu like sypmtoms".  I felt tired pretty much right away. About 3 hours later. Of course I didn't sleep much the night before so that didn't help.

We will see how I feel tomorrow. My expectation is that I won't want to go anywhere but you never know.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!