Monday, October 8, 2018

50/50 RULE

This morning Happi could not walk. It happened a couple of times over the weekend for just a few minutes but early this morning Happi woke up and went upstairs and I heard a crash and she was trying to run around but couldn't and started to cry/whine/scream. I ran upstairs to find her in the kitchen confused. I brought her downstairs and put her in her bed while I got ready. Happi hates to be carried but today she wanted to be.

I put her in my car. Yes, I am not supposed to be driving it but I could not wait for a taxi.  Plus I was supposed to be dropping it off at the body shop at 8 am. 

They checked Happi out and she was fine. They changed her meds and the food she is eating. The feeling is that her stomach is so upset that it is effecting her ability to function.

She now takes Prilosec, sucrafate, flagyl and eats a special food that won't upset her stomach.

The doctor that saw Happi was not her normal doctor. He asked me if anyone told me the 50/50 rule. The 50/50 rule states that when a dog has a tumor in their spleen there is a 50/50 chance that it will be cancerous or benign.  If it is cancerous, the dog will have two months to live.

Ah, no. No one told me about the 50/50 rule. I am not sure I wanted to hear it now. My brain stopped functioning at this point. 

After getting Happi squared away, I took my car in to the body shop. They organized my rental car. I have a white Hyundai Accent. It is bigger than I wanted because it is hard to get in and out of my garage. I have wheels again.

 I am staying positive.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!