Sunday, October 28, 2018

FORGAVE COSTCO

Today was the day I officially forgave Costco and went to shop for the first time.  It was weird going back to Costco after about two years.  It all looked the same but not the same. 

I had my list and got my batteries. I found a flashlight and ended up buying a big one and three little ones.  Can't have enough flashlights in an earthquake zone.  I went to the meat section and bought a huge thing of chicken for Happi.  When I got home I separated them and put them in freezer bags and put them in the freezer.   I got my paper goods: toilet paper, paper towels, tissues.  I went to the canned goods and stocked up on black beans, olives and diced tomatoes. Then I walked up and down some aisles and found some stuff I really didn't need.  Isn't that the fun of Costco?!

I realized when I got home that I forgot to get quinoa so I will have to go back some time.  I like to get the big bag since I use it so much.

I feel better now that I have more working flashlights.  I needed the AAA batteries for something and now I can't remember what for.  Oh, well.

I finally made soup with the Kabocha squash that came in my veggie and fruit delivery.  I bought all the ingredients last week and was already to make the soup today.  I cut and roasted the Kabocha (no easy feat) and put it in the pot with the ginger and broth.  Then I realized I bought Cream de Coconut not Coconut Milk.  They are not the same thing.  I have to go back to the store tomorrow and get the milk.  Meanwhile I cooled the soup and put it in the refrigerator.  Tomorrow I will put in the milk and blend it to make it creamy. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!