Wednesday, October 3, 2018

QUITE A DAY

What a day!  I went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned.  I was told that due to my 50 years of grinding and because I wore braces for years, my teeth now have gum recession.  This is not good and will cause me to need extensive work done in the near future.  Ugh.

Happi had a good day today.  She was playful and walked 6 blocks. She ate well and drank well.  She is sleeping now.  She went out at 8 pm and I heard a noise in the neighbor's backyard and there was a skunk!  The skunk was all flared out with his tail.  He was just walking around with his nose in the ground I guess looking for bugs or something.  I told Happi to hightail it back inside.  Last thing I needed was her to get sprayed right before her surgery.

I got a phone call from the house painter.  Now I have been waiting months to get my house painted.  I had certain things that needed to get completed before I could get it painted 1) fix the shingles that were broken, 2) fix my garage door, and 3) fix the electrical box outside my house.  It took me months to get it all done.  I finally got it all done and called the painter and he said October.  Today he called to say Friday he was going to come and powerwash the house.  One glitch: the City has dug up the street at the end of my street to replace the sewers on the entire street.  It is dusty, dirty, and big trucks are barreling down my block.  There is no parking.  We decided that it was not going to work.  The dust would get in the paint.  So, now I am waiting until the spring.  With everything else going on it is one less thing on my plate right now.

Tomorrow is Happi's surgery so please give her your positive thoughts!  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!