Tuesday, October 30, 2018

HAPPI HAS AN INFECTION

For a few days now I have felt that something is wrong with Happi's stitches. They didn't look as perfect as they used to and there is a bump that didn't used to be there.  I called the vet and made an appointment.

Today we went to the vet. Happi really did not want to get in my car. I can't use her seat belt because of her stitches so I have to drive very carefully.

The vet said she has a very little topical infection on her stitches. He gave me some ointment to put on for a week. He said the bump was where the stitches had a knot.  He took her in the back and they cleaned up her stitches a bit so they weren't so raggedy. Her stitches are the kind that dissolve so they will disappear eventually.

Overall he said she looked great. He asked about her teeth chattering (better), UTI (better), energy (better), lip licking (better).  He was really happy to hear the good report.

This week it will be one month since her surgery. She is doing really good for an almost 14 year old dog.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!