Thursday, May 30, 2013

RING

Have you ever lost or broken or stopped wearing a ring? If so, you know the void the lack of that ring makes on your finger.  The weird feeling you get every time you feel for the ring that is no longer there.  And the momentary fear that you have lost that ring, until you remember that you forgot to put it on that morning or that you broke it and have to buy another.

Well, a few weeks ago I was once again playing with the silver ring I wear on my right thumb. I like to twist and turn it and when I am really preoccupied I pull it off my knuckle and back on again. That is exactly how I snapped it in two!  I guess I pulled it over my knuckle one too many times.

Now I have gone weeks without the ring.  When I do certain tasks where I always had to check to make sure the ring didn't get pulled off my thumb (such as laundry) I would still check and for a split second I would panic and think I had lost the ring. Then I would remember that I broke the ring. Whew!

Yesterday I went to a local shop and bought a new ring. It was not exactly what I wanted but it is nice. This ring is sterling silver so it will be a little tougher to break.  The best part is I am no longer reaching for a ring that is no longer there.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I gave up rings years and years ago with ra in too many fingers. But I am fortunate as I was able to give them all to my daughter who just adores jewelry. So it is a win win situation. She gets pretty baubles and I still get to look at them...they are just on her fingers now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!