Sunday, May 12, 2013

GRADUATION!

Yup, I graduated from my Animal Rescue training. I got my certificate of completion and my card. If there is a disaster and I get called up, my card is all access to first responder areas. 

For the final drill we were each at a station. I was disappointed that I was at the storage/supply station. It turns out that we were at the station with the least to do. We gave everyone the supplies and then set up our area. Our tent was broken so we made a tent out of a tarp and some mop handles with duct tape and zip ties. We Macgyver'd it. Then we sat there for a few hours in case anyone needed any supplies. Then we broke down and restacked all the supplies at the end of the drill. Other groups were much busier. Intake, medical, dogs and cats were pretty busy. They also threw in some wild cards like an actor stole our dog net so we had to call security (who was eating lunch).  Another actor acted crazy throwing stuff. There was also a person (not an actor) from either PETA or the Humane Society who showed up and told folks that the area was not hygienic. I don't think she understood it was a drill for a catastrophic situation such as an earthquake, large fire, terrorist attack, etc. Things will not be hygienic! They will be as clean as they can be. 

In all it was fun. The best part is that it is done and now I can move on to another thing. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement. Yay!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!