Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DOCTOR VISIT

Went to see my RA doc today.  I brought up my sensitivity to the sun.  At first she seem to poo-poo it as "getting older" and being more sensitive to the sun.  Then she seemed to check my medications to see if any of them would give me light sensitivity (none do). Then she said that everyone get's hot in the sun.  This was one of the first times she didn't really get it when I told her something.  Maybe it was because I was not saying it right.

I usually rehearse how I am going to say something to a doctor.  I don't want to come off as hysterical or too whiny or too needy. I don't want to sound like I just went on the web and researched something.

I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to rehearse my speech. So I heard myself come off repetitive and desperate.  I didn't have my facts ready to state in an organized fashion.  Instead I said those facts in an unorganized way that didn't make sense.

Finally after I mentioned it, she agreed that my diagnosis may have morphed into some Lupus symptoms.  She is running some tests to see if anything shows up.  Just talking about it my blood pressure was really high.  120/90 which for me is REALLY high.  I am usually 90/70.  I have always had low blood pressure and low heart rate.  Just low everything! 

Super!  Morphed into Lupus.  Just add it to the list.  I was told when I was diagnosed that I had Lupus symptoms but since then no one has said anything about it. I get the ANA test on Thursday.  So we wait until then. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!