Monday, May 13, 2013

BLOG ANNIVERSARY

I just noticed that I passed my blog anniversary. Would that be called a blogiversary?  My anniversary was Mother's Day two years ago.  May 8, 2011 Mother's Day.

Sometimes I look back at the various posts and read the stories.  Sometimes I use the posts to remember when things happen.  More than once I have looked up an event or date on my blog. 

When I started this blog, I thought it would be more about advocacy.  I was more involved with the Arthritis Foundation's advocacy group back then.  I am just so busy now that I have little time to be so involved.  I have also become disillusioned with the Arthritis Foundation of late after reading some information about their funding issues.

I also thought I would be able to pass along more educational material.  It is harder to do that than I envisioned.  By the time I learn about something, everyone else has too!  One time I posted something that I thought was new (it had been in a current magazine) only to find out it was old news by someone who was not very nice about it.  Now I am less apt to share new information unless I am SURE it is new.

I find that I am more likely to share the goings on in my life.  The "how RA and Crohn's affects my life" story.  How I am feeling, doing, being.  What I am doing, cooking, thinking.

I have a bunch of followers.  Although I have been trying to hit 30 followers.  I have leveled off at 29 for months now. 

So Happy Blogiversary!

Until Tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you blog, Adrienne, and I always enjoy what you have to say. I wouldn't worry about blogging about "new" things regarding RA--seems like we all have a different take on the information that comes out. The way you process that info and pass it along can be of help and comfort to others, even if they've read the basics before. Just ignore the meanies who can't seem to do anything but complain!

    Far as I'm concerned, the best thing about blogging is that it helps us feel like we're not so alone. And it's always good to learn new ways to cope.

    Happy Blogiversary--and may you have many more!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!