Friday, May 24, 2013

A LOT MORE REAL ESTATE

Today the gardeners came and we have a backyard again! There were two gardeners and they worked for 6 hours. I am so glad we called them in. That amount of work would have taken Brenda and I weeks.

Here is the before photo: 


And here is the after photo:


Now I can relax in the backyard. We are thinking of having them come back to help eradicate the ivy completely. They removed enough ivy to fill an entire bed of a Ford F-100.  If they come back and remove all the dead vines down to the ground, it will assist in the eradication.  We have about three feet more real estate on each wall of the backyard where the ivy used to be. 

Right in the middle of all this, I called The-Insurance-Company-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named to work out an issue I have with them. Yesterday I went to Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions and I was told I had a co-pay. No I don't! I met my humongous deductible back in February. Nope I have to pay to get my meds. 

Home I go and call The-Insurance-Company-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named. I explain the situation and they say Yes you have met your deductible. Have Walgreens call our special secret Rx number. 

Back to Walgreens I go today and give them the special secret number. They call and after waiting 15 minutes, I said can you call me so I don't get a parking ticket? I go home.  They call me and say that The-Insurance-Company-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named said I had a $1,200 co-payment left.  Then ask if I am waiting for state medical program payments and tell me I should call them.  What?  I am employed, I am not that old and I am not disabled yet. I am not eligible for any state medical programs. 

Back on the phone with The-Insurance-Company-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named. I was on the phone with them for 1.5 hours! Here's what I found out: there are two computers. One for the prescriptions and one for all the rest of the claims. They are supposed to talk to each other. Combined they keep track of your copays and your deductible. Somewhere along the line, mine went haywire and the computer that handles my prescriptions is now stating that I owe money when the other computer says I have paid my whole deductible. So The-Insurance-Company-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named is trying to get me to pay my $4,000 deductible twice! How nice of them!   So 1.5 hours later the problem was not solved but I will be able to pick up my prescriptions with no copay.  They say it will take 7-10 days to fix the problem but it has been "escalated".

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!