Wednesday, May 15, 2013

OH THE PLACES WE WILL GO

I was thinking of the places I would like to visit.  I have a long list.  Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get to see them.  I like to stay positive and dream about trips.  I figure if elderly people and people who are disabled can travel the world, I should be able to.  Here is a sample of places I would like to visit:

I really want to see Africa.  I know my doc has concerns about me visiting certain areas due to disease.  I can't be given live vaccines so visiting certain countries are out of the question.

I want to visit my friend in Australia.  She has offered many times to let us come and stay.  It would be so wonderful to see Australia.  If I could get Brenda on a plane for that length of time...

I have a friend in the Netherlands so I could go back to Europe and see some places I didn't get to see when I went to school in England.

Alaska is on my bucket list.   I want to take a small cruise ship up the coast.  I really want to see icebergs, glaciers and Sarah Palin.  Ha.

 I would like to see more of North America.  I was lucky enough to drive across country when I moved out west.  I drove across by myself and stopped a few places along the way.  Oklahoma City, Nashville, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Painted Dessert (I think), Bakersfield (ha ha).  I would like to see the northern states.  Chicago, Seattle, and some of those flat states.

I also want to go back to Hawaii.  We had a good time in Kauai.  I would love to go back and just relax.

I need to go visit my godmother in Yosemite.  She lives just outside the park.  I have been promising to visit but I can never find the right time.  I don't want to go during the summer time when it is crazy busy.  I want to go during the spring or fall.  The spring is better when the falls are full of water. 

So there is my wishlist for travel.  Now I just have to figure out how to physically do it all. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!