Saturday, April 30, 2016

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY-THREE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 243.  I forgot to write yesterday that one of the things the doctor told me was that the pain in my hand was a clot in my vein.  When I was in the hospital I had many IVs for various reasons.  At one point I had 4 IV catheters in my arms and hands.  Where this IV was has left a blood clot in my vein.  I had no idea this could happen.  It is quite painful.  It is especially painful when I use my hand to do something like carry something heavy or do any heavy work.  The vein gets inflamed and swollen.  The doctor said it is nothing to worry about.  It will take months to go away.  He said hot compresses can help when it hurts.  This was good news!

This morning I woke up and decided to clean the whole house.  Top to bottom (almost).  I dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, washed the floors, cleaned the kitchen, and picked up.  Then I did some laundry and ran the dishwasher.  The house is so clean.  I still have some areas that need picking up but it is nice to have a sparkling home.  It brings such joy!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!