Saturday, April 23, 2016

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SIX OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 236.  Today I decided to go shopping.  I have very few pants/shorts/capris that fit.  I got to the store and I immediately found some capri pants that fit in a few different colors.  I got tan, white, yellow and dark jean. I work from home so I tend to wear jeans a lot.  Then I found a nice patterned pair that are good enough to wear to work.

I saw some shorts in different lengths.  I got a jean pair in Bermuda length and a jean pair in shorter than Bermuda but not mini shorts.   They are different shades of jean.

I tried to find some slacks but there were none.

Then I bought a Magic Bullet.  I love smoothies but I hate cleaning out the blender.  There are so many parts and I can't put it in the dishwasher.  When I am running out the door, I don't have the time to clean it out.  My doctor told me about the Bullet and I checked it out.  It was on sale so I bought it.  Almost all the parts go in the dishwasher.  It has three different size cups.  I can't wait to use it.  I need some almond milk to make a smoothie.

When I got home I went through all my pants and tried them all on.  I put 13 pairs of pants, shorts, capris in the give away pile because they no longer fit.  It felt so good to get rid of pants that no longer fit and now I have room for my new clothes.  I also folded my pants in the new way.  I have been folding all my clothes in the Konmari Method.  It is great to have my clothes so organized so I can see what I own.  I have been tackling it a little at a time.  First my underwear, pajamas, short sleeved shirts, long sleeved shirts, and now my pants.  I still have my t-shirts and socks.  I dread doing it but once it is done, I am so happy. 

1 comment:

  1. I have two friends who love their Magic Bullets. I, too, hate hand-washing the blender. Congratulations on the larger pants retirements! Nothing's feels better. I never want to see those post-pregnancy sized clothes again!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!