Friday, January 1, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-THREE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 123.  Happy New Year!  I was all set to have a relaxing day in front of the TV when my friend J texted that he wanted to come over with his girlfriend.  They stopped by for a few hours and I met his new girlfriend.  I heard about his hitchhiking trip down South.  Yes, hitchhiking trip.  I thought he was crazy to go hitchhiking but he wanted to go.  He learned what I told him, that not many people were going to pick up hitchhikers right now.  With all this crazy stuff going on in the USA, I told him I didn't think many people were going to pick up a stranger.  He ended up taking a bus a large part of the way because he could not catch a ride. It was fun to hear about his adventure: sleeping on the beach, meeting interesting people.

Today is also the first day of the fifth month of the Happiness Project.  This month is all about Friendship.  Titled Friends are Forever.


A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”

Topics:
  • Meet New People
  • Keep in Contact with Your Friends; Be There for Them
  • Listen, Smile; Stop Talking
  • Bring People Together
  • Be Positive - No Gossip
  • Cut People Some Slack
  • Plan Things To Do; Show Up
  • Laugh More!
I have been guilty of letting friendships go, of being wrapped up in my own life and not being there for friends when they need me.  I need to work on being a better friend.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!