Sunday, January 3, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 125.  Today I am continuing my social month.  I went to a friend's play.  Well, it was a panto.  A pantomime is a play that includes songs, slapstick comedy and dancing, employs gender-crossing actors, and combines topical humor with a story loosely based on a well-known fairy tale.  It was so much fun and the kids in the audience loved it.  There is a lot of yelling and booing and hissing and cheering and clapping and singing.  Very interactive.

I attended because my friend was a main character in the panto.  I hardly recognized her on stage.  She was so great.  She is really talented.  When I see something like this I always think, I could not do that.  The people who can act and juggle and dance and sing and do slap stick comedy are darn talented.  I am not putting myself down but I know my limitations when I say I don't think I could do that convincingly.  It was a surprisingly pleasant way to spend an afternoon.  I would even consider attending next year.

I began to disassemble Christmas in my home.  It is always sad to take down Christmas.  I am leaving the tree for last.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!