Sunday, January 24, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED FORTY-SIX OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 146. Today I tried to install an outside light fixture.  It was a disaster.  Okay, not a disaster but I didn't get it installed.

I bought the light replace the light in the backyard.  I want a sensor light in the backyard and the light out back does not have a sensor.  After dragging the ladder, new light and screwdrivers out back, I realized that the current light was held onto the house by one screw and the new light had four screws.  That would required drilling holes and I don't currently have drill bits.

Then I thought I would take the new light and replace my light out front.  The sensor light out front is working but hanging on by a thread.  So I called my step-father and he walked me through how to remove the light.  Then things went awry.  There were too many wires.  I found out later that the contractor had piggybacked wires and that confused me.

My neighbor walked by just as I could not get the electricity to come back on from the breaker.  Was a wire loose?  This is why I hate electricity.  My nice neighbor took over and installed the light for me.  He had to drill new holes and rewire the light.  I now have a working light.  Yay!  And as a bonus, the electricity works downstairs again.

I made soup for dinner.  Tofu, Kale Vegetable Soup.  It is really good.  It has tofu, kale, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peas and pasta noodles.  Very tasty.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!