Saturday, January 2, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FOUR OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 124.  When the end of a year comes around I think some people take stock of certain things: weight, career, money, family, relationships.  This year I took stock of my happiness and joy.

Am I happier and more joyful now than I was on August 31, 2015?  I can emphatically say YES.  No, things are not perfect.  My office is still a mess.  My garage is still a mess.  I have sadly stopped (just in the last two weeks) doing the nightly clean up.  But overall, I am happier.

I am calmer, more peaceful, more grounded.  I can sit and do nothing without feeling like I need to be doing something else (sometimes).  I am okay being alone.  I watch the movies I want to watch, eat the food I want to eat, do my laundry when I want to do my laundry.  It is a wonderful freedom.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!