Monday, July 28, 2014

DOGS ON HIGH ALERT

All I wanted to do tonight was watch some TV.  Not too much to ask, right? The dogs were not cooperating.  At about 9:00 pm I let Lucky out back. She went on a tear. I guess something had been fishing or swimming in the pond. I saw in the wet marks on the edge of the pond. Lucky heard whatever it was run away. It went crashing through the ivy nod bushes with little Lucky in hot pursuit.  I gave her a minute to chase it away and then I tried to get that unruly dog to come inside.  That was futile.  The best I could do was make sure the big dog Happi didn't get outside too. I have a hard time wrangling two of them.  I put my shoes on and grab a flashlight.  After Lucky I go. I chase her to the left, she runs to the right. I go to the right, she darts to the left. She is small, fast and  cunning. But I have treats. After a few minutes I finally catch her with a treat. I hustle her inside and grab both dogs.

Time to leash them and take them out front.  This means a more involved situation. When we had our construction project, Happi was trained to walk out front and pee in the street at night. She knew there was no walk at late at night.  Now both dogs only have to go out front at night on special occasions.  They are really good about it.

I will probably never know what critter was in the backyard. I just hope it moves along.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!