Tuesday, May 16, 2023

TWO SHOES TO DROP

 Today I felt like I waiting for two shoes to drop. Home insurance will you pay my claim? Health insurance will you authorize my MRI? I practically spent the whole day dealing with both of them. 

First I texted the contractor and he said the home insurance had not contacted him. I then emailed the home insurance lady with the contractor's info again just in case she needed a nudge. She left me a voicemail stating that the claim has been approved but she is working on the numbers. YAY! The crowd goes wild. My perseverance paid off. I called the contractor and he is finding dates and getting me an estimate. Finally movement. Meanwhile the tarp covering the back of the house is about to fly off in the wind. Ugh!

Next I called the doctor's office to see about the pre-authorization. The assistant is still out "sick" so the guy covering (who is super nice) is trying to figure it all out. I got frustrated and called my concierge doctor's office and asked them if there was anyway they could help. They got right on it and I had the pre-auth in a matter of minutes. I also was told that the place I was scheduled to have the brain MRI is not covered by insurance even though it is part of the same hospital. Double Ugh! I called and canceled the date and have a new date a few weeks later. At this point I have been trying to get an MRI since March 24th. Two months. I won't have the MRI until eleven weeks have passed. Just one week shy of a quarter of a year!  What has happened to our health care system? 

In the middle of all this calling back and forth, my new backyard chair arrived. I followed the instructions and opened it right away. The bottom rung was broken. I called the company and a very nice lady told me what to do and they will replace it in a few weeks. Depending on the situation, I may or may not keep the broken one. This sounds a lot like my living room chair situation. 

That is most of my day. I barely got any work completed but I have an actual real date for my MRI and I can soon begin work on my home. [sigh of relief] 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Actually, it sounds like you accomplished a lot. I mean little progress but maximum effort.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!