Saturday, May 13, 2023

CAR CRASH AND GARDEN

 Last night was crazy! I was just about falling asleep during RuPauls Drag Race when I hear this screech of tires and a bang that shook my home. I looked out the window and saw red lights. I threw on my coat and shoes and ran in the direction of the lights. There were two people standing in the middle of a busy street (two lanes going each way) and a red truck was smashed into a cement-based pole. The truck front was like a V and the airbags were deployed. There was no one in the truck because the person ran from the accident. When I looked up the street in the dark, I saw that the truck had smashed through a cement-based streetlight and took the entire streetlight down. All the lanes of traffic were covered with parts of the car and chunks of cement; some the size of a loaf of bread. Some folks were a block up waving people to turn off the street and take a detour so the cars won’t drive through the debris. At the other end where the truck was, another set of people were sending traffic on a detour so as to avoid the truck and debris. It took the police about ten minutes to arrive and take over. It was exciting and I was glad no innocent bystanders were injured or killed.  

This morning, after sleeping a bit late after the excitement, I got up and planted my herb seeds. I planted basil, thyme, dill and parsley. I already have mint and oregano. I went by my neighbor’s yard and grabbed a cutting of rosemary and have that rooting in a glass of water. That will be planted in a separate container because rosemary can take over. 

I also got all the containers ready to plant the squash and carrots. I had to move my “meat” grill (the grill I use for when visitors come over for parties since I am vegan) to get to the containers I needed. This involved spiders and mosquito looking things. I felt like they were crawling all over me when there was nothing there. 

I also sprayed the standing garden with the Neem oil. It worked! I see no evidence of any fungus gnats. I am amazed. 

This all has made me very tired.

Until tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. What excitement. I mean moving the meat grill of course. LOL I am glad everyone is OK.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!