Friday, May 12, 2023

PCP DOCTOR APPOINTMENT

 Today was interesting. First, my new backyard table and chairs were scheduled to arrive but I got no phone call and no delivery.  I guess maybe tomorrow?

I had an appointment with my new “concierge doctor”. It is wonderful to be able to talk to a doctor and not have that invisible timer running. She was not happy that I have not had my brain MRI. There were phone calls made and follow ups done all while I was in the appointment. We talked about a new approach that I learned about in a webinar this week: the TIGER program. She says she loves an integrated approach to medicine and would be happy to go there with me. We spoke about nutrition, mind body, spiritual, medicine, coping, relationships, and work. 

I left with a To Do List of things for me to try to see if they work for me. I am making an appointment with an acupuncturist to see if that works for me. I am going to try and find an outdoor place to do Tai Chi (I used to do it every Sunday years ago). I am checking out an online class to reduce stress through sitting meditation, body awareness, and mindful movement. I have to do 30 minutes of cardiovascular activity such as walking or bike riding every day. She also told me I am cleared to meet up with friends outside or at a coffee shop outside. I emailed a friend and asked if she wanted to go for a walk or get tea. 

Then she is sending me to get my bone density checked. Fun. 

I got home and called to make the appointment for the bone density test and the hospital said they just got the order for the brain MRI. I went ahead and made an appointment since it is weeks away. That should’ve enough time for the pre-authorization, I hope. Now I know what I am doing Memorial Day weekend!!

It was a big day. 

Until tomorrow…

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!