Friday, May 26, 2023

FIRST ACCUPUNCTURE APPOINTMENT

Today was my first accupuncture appointment. I will be honest, I have avoided most Eastern Medicine for years. I thought it was all "woo woo". I felt like it was not going to do anything for me. 

Then I went to Sedona and my thoughts of Eastern philosophy changed. People who knew nothing about me had me in tears over my trauma. But the most important thing I heard over and over was that I held too much stress. 

I went back to Sedona two years later and I heard again that I carried too much stress. 

I was converted. I believe in the mind body spirit connection. That is why I am trying accupuncture. If people have been doing this for 2,000 years there must be something to it. 

At the appointment the Dr. talked to me for about 40 minutes. She wanted to hear everything about me. Eating, sleeping, exercise, pain, current medicines, the story about my autoimmune diseases. Everything. 

Then I laid down on a table and she rolled up my pants legs and began putting the super thin needles in. I give myself injections weekly so I wasn't afraid of the needles but I was surprised that I didn't even feel 80% of them going in. 

Then she leaves the room. I have a panic buzzer just in case. It was funny because it was the same wireless doorbell I have on my side door. I laid there. I had a weird sensation in my left arm that felt like warm. My left wrist had a slight sting for about 10 min. Then I got some zings: the bottom of my left foot and the top of my right thigh. They didn't hurt but felt like the pain if someone punched me. Then I got restless legs on my right leg for about 10 min. 

Then she came to check on me. I said I was fine (and had almost fell asleep). The minute she left my nose began to itch. Of course I can't scratch it and the more I wriggled my nose, the mask tickled my nose more. 

I started fantasizing that I was on Survivor and I had to ignore the itch in order to win immunity. It got me through. I guess I won immunity. 

I came home and drank tons of water and sat outside and read my book in the sunshine. 

I go back next week. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I love Sedona, I have never tried Acupuncture but I am willing to try on Tuesday after the 14th Wednesday before Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!