Tuesday, May 30, 2023

PROGRESS!

 Progress! The contractor showed up today after cancelling (because he ate bad food last night). He took measurements and we talked about flooring and insulation. He is coming back tomorrow to remove the current roof on the small section where the leak is. I know it is complicated but I have a main roof and a small roof that my deck was on. Then I have a tiny roof where a drain goes down. I only mention it because you would think the cost would decrease with each roof size. That is not how roofing works. It cost me just as much to get the small roof done as it cost to get the tiny roof done. The tiny roof is 3' x 2' and the small roof is approximately 15'x5'. Things like this make me crazy.

Anyway, that happened this morning along with a very long phone call with my ex-foster kid's worker to discuss things like summer school and such. 

I received my meditation stuff. I bought things to help me meditate better, or at least that is the hope. I am still waiting on my small rug. I have hard wood floors and I am not looking forward to getting down on them with no rug. 

I decided to volunteer for the flagging group. I figure the doctor wants me to be more social and this activity is outside so it is a win/win. My social activities are now attending a car show in a few weeks, flagging volunteering in a few weeks, co-leader of the arthritis group, and book club currently online. I think I am full for now. 

I have to say I love AGT (America's Got Talent). People come on with such funny talents. I am watching a dinosaur break dance. No wonder everyone wants to come to America! The audience went crazy. 

I just spoke to my friend and now I am going to sleep. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, if you like fun, you should see my stand up about finding out i have diabetes. It is a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!