Wednesday, May 31, 2023

REBUILD DAY 1

I can now see the sky from inside my house. The guys showed up today to work on the house and the first thing they did was tear off the small roof above where the leak was.  This was a multi-hour project. They tore off the wood underneath the roof to expose the downstairs. It is now an open ceiling and I can see the sky.  I was told that this is only going to stay like this overnight and I hope that's the case because it's pretty cold outside at night.

The guys worked all day and for the first time in months I stepped out on my upper deck but didn't go very far because there's no railing.

There is a plan now to replace all sorts of flashing, gutters, roof, wall, insulation and floor. I spent part of the day on websites choosing floor and eco insulation that has no fiberglass in it. No pink stuff. We are going to use a product called Rockwool. From what I understand it's a type of rock mixed in with wool to make a pretty solid product that also becomes a bit soundproof but it is super warm and not attractive to bugs and water repellent. They do not make denim insulation any more. 

It's been a big day and I have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow so good night.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!