Wednesday, May 10, 2023

INSURANCE INSPECTOR CAME

This morning I called the neurologist's office to find out what was going on with my pre-authorization for the brain MRI. They seemed a bit surprised that I hadn't heard anything from the hospital. They assured me they would follow up immediately and let me know that once they send it in the hospital does not let them know if they got it or not or that they've contacted me or not. So basically it's up to the patient to follow up if they don't hear anything. This sounds like a horrible system and one of the reasons why the medical system is crumbling.

Now if I was at my new concierge doctor this would never happen. My concierge doctor's office follows up on everything if they send something into the hospital a few days later they follow up with me to see if the hospital has contacted me for an appointment. But regular doctor's offices just don't have the manpower or the time to do such follow-up.

I received my seeds in the mail for my herb garden. On a funny note, I opened up a piece of mail that was a couple weeks old and inside was a packet of Basil seeds. I guess I could have saved myself a few dollars and not bought another packet of Basil seeds.

The insurance inspector came today and did a thorough review of the damage from the storms. I tried very hard not to give too much information and let my contractor do the talking. My contractor is going to take her call and give her the whys and what for's.  You know, all the info. Fingers-crossed this time! 

I have been asked to be the co-organizer of my local arthritis support group. I'm super excited. I'm a great organizer. I used to do it for a living. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being the local organizer. it is important work.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!