Tuesday, May 9, 2023

GARDEN BUGS

I found bugs in my garden. They are little black bugs. I took out my giant gardening book and looked them up. They are some sort of fungus gnat I think. All the evidence seems to point in that direction. So I looked up how get rid of them. The best way is Neem oil. I guess it hinders the bug's ability to feed and interferes with their hormone system. It is organic and safe to use on vegetables. It is an oil that comes from the Neem tree. It has a naturally occurring pesticide from the seeds. I have some coming in Thursday. 

I also read that a hydrogen peroxide and water mixture can work to kill the bugs. I will try both methods. No pesticides for me. 

My new seeds should arrive tomorrow also. I may run over to the outdoor plant store and buy some soil and rosemary. I wonder if a snippet of rosemary would take root if I put it in water? My neighbor has a rosemary bush. Interesting idea. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I usually buy snakes to get rid of the bugs. Then i buy opossums to get rid of the snakes. Then I buy dogs to get rid of the opossums. Then I blame my neighbors for the dogs. Then i leave because Sheryl is ready to get rid of me.

    Such is the pattern of life. Or as Sheryl says, oh to be 20 once again. Hey my mom paid her good money for her to take me. $100 in 1977 was a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!