Tuesday, May 23, 2023

GARDEN PROGRESS

 I did it. I went to Lowes and bought a tomato plant, rosemary plant, and soil. I felt comfortable at Lowes because the gardening center is mostly outdoors and the rest is quasi outdoors. Most of the people there (customers and staff) were wearing masks. I lugged a big bag of soil out to my car, into the trunk, out of the trunk, and down the stairs to the backyard. I certainly got my workout in. 

I planted the tomato plant in a giant planter that took ages to fill with soil. They didn’t have the tomato plant I usually buy but these beefsteak tomatoes should be fun. The rosemary will be happy in the large pot I put it in. Then I looked over at the squash and two of the seedlings are popping up through the soil. I did a happy dance! My giant salad is coming together! Lettuce, cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes and squash. Now I just need my carrots to come up. What a super salad this will be. I can also add strawberries and blueberries if they grow fruit. 

The herbs are not doing as well. I see a little bit of dill popping up and I just planted the rosemary. I already have mint and oregano. I am waiting for the parsley, thyme and basil. Patience. 

I have become a farmer! I can’t believe I am getting this excited about growing veggies from seed. The landscaper texted me today to see how everything is going. He was excited to hear the progress. I need him to come and fix the drip system so it waters all the plants. 

Until tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. Oh don't dash poor Sheryl's hopes. I promised her 84 Lbs. of your vegetables this year. She will call later its best you just come clean and let her know it may not work out.

    If I were you I would not answer the telephone. She is mean.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!