Thursday, January 16, 2020

VISIT TO MY RA DOCTOR

I went to my RA doctor today.  Last week I needed a refill on my prednisone and when I called his office, I was told that I would not get a refill until I saw the doctor.  It was a Friday afternoon and I was not able to go the weekend without taking prednisone for the whole weekend.  It is dangerous to skip dosages of steroids especially for days.  The RA doctor's office staff kept telling me there was no way they were going to give me a refill and the doctor was gone for the day and would not be back until Monday.  I was at the pharmacy and explained the situation to the pharmacist and she agreed to give me a partial prescription to cover me until Monday.  Then my primary doctor called me back and gave me a month's worth of steroids. 

Today when I saw the RA doctor he said his staff should have called him and not told me they would not refill my prescription.  He said he would have a word with them.  He seemed very concerned that I was told I would not get the meds for 4 days.  He also seemed happy that my primary stepped in and refilled the prescription. 

We talked about if the Orencia is working and I told him with all that has gone on in the past few months I have been on and off the meds.  The past four weeks I have finally been on the meds continually.  I think I feel better but it is hard to know.  A lot is going on with my trip to Florida and my mom in the hospital and of course my fall.  I think after one more month of continuous meds and I will be able to tell if it is working.  Then I can start getting off the prednisone.  I can't wait.  I will be happy to get off the steroids after 15 years of taking them.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!