Thursday, January 30, 2020

BACK PAIN DAY #7

Today I went to do my genetic testing for hereditary cancer today.  I was supposed to spit in the tube and get 1/2 inch of saliva.  I drank a ton of water before I got there.  I brought my water with me.  I filled out the forms and told the nurse that I had a problem with Sjogren's and she said the directions said I can't drink water.  Since I can't drink water I can't do the saliva test.  She did some problem solving and she found a blood test that I can do instead.  So I went down to the lab and gave some blood.  I should get the results in about a month.  The test checks for BRCA1, BRCA2 and gene mutations.  It checks for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC) syndrome.  So we wait and see.

Then I went to see my therapist for the last time with insurance.  My insurance from The-insurance-company-who-will-not-be-named has decided they will not pay for my therapy anymore.  I guess having RA, a foster child I don't have in my home and the regular stresses of every day life are not enough going on for therapy. 

I stopped by my primary doctor to see about the outstanding bill from 2018 that has gone to collections to see if that has been resolved yet.  I can't imagine what is taking so long. 

While I was there I checked in on my physical therapy forms.  They were not ready yet but I was assured they would be walked down personally by the front desk person.

That was pretty much my day.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!