Sunday, January 19, 2020

RUNNING

Today I started a new thing.  It all started from a movie I watched.  The movie is Brittany Runs a Marathon
I know it is a movie but it is based on a real story.  It is based on a story about a woman who realized she was in bad shape and decided to do something about it so she started running.  She started by running one block very slowly.  In the end she runs the NY Marathon. 

Now don't get excited, I am not planning on running the NY Marathon or any marathon.  I just thought I have never been a runner.  In fact I hate running.  But she did it very slowly, so why can't I?

Today I got my sneakers on and put Lucky on her lead and off we went.  She wanted to GO!  I had to pull her back.  I started out running slowly until I got to the uphill portion ( I live on a hill so there will always be an Uphill) and then I started walk/running.  But we made it around the block with no incidents and I feel fine.  I probably could have gone farther but I know that is the worst thing I could do.  Overdoing it is a beginner mistake.  Starting slow and staying steady.  Taking Lucky is good too because she is the energizer bunny. 

I put the signs from my last two Women's March's on my house. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!