Thursday, January 2, 2020

FLORIDA DAY 3

Day 3 in Florida started very early.  I woke up at 5:45 am so we could get on the road at 6:30 am to Disney World.  It was a two hour drive from our location and we wanted to be there as early as possible to maximize the day.

We arrived and went directly to the Animal Kingdom.  We thought that would be the least busy park.  It was so much fun but there were lots of people there.  One ride had a 200 minute wait.  We did not get on the line.  In fact we didn't really go on any rides.  1) I don't like many rides and 2) I was not going to wait on line for 120 minutes for a 3 min ride.  That is crazy.  Even the Fast Track lines were long.

We did an animation drawing thing and went on a train ride.  We saw some macaw's fly.  We walked around and saw some animals.  We ate some African food and figured out how to put Mickey ears on our photos in Snapchat (with the help of some teens sitting nearby!)

Then halfway through the day we went to the Magic Kingdom and walked around there.  Both Kingdoms were decorated for the holidays.  We went shopping and saw the parade.  We went on It's a Small World (our only ride)  while everyone was at the parade.  We ate dinner and decided to head on home around 6pm.  We were cooked.  It was a long day.  My feet were burning.  It was a pleasant day weather wise but it was sunny all day so shade was at a premium and there were long lines for everything including water and ice cream/icees.  I never did get my pineapple whip.

Magic Kingdom Castle
 Then I had a 3 hour drive home.  I dropped my friend off at the 2 hour mark and continued on to the hotel.  I got the hotel and checked in.  I didn't realize until I was in my room and in my pajamas that the hotel charged me for the room.  I prepaid a few days before I arrived to get a cheaper rate.  I will have to deal with that in the morning.  It is a very nice room but I am not sure how I got the ADA compliant room?!

Overall a fun but exhausting day!  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!