Tuesday, January 7, 2020

FLORIDA DAY 8

I am back home.  I am tired.  I should be in bed. I was awake this morning FL time at 4:15 am.  No excitement getting to the airport.  There was excitement leaving the hotel.  I checked out and asked for a receipt.  After the kerfuffle with me being charged twice for my hotel room, I wanted to make sure I was not charged for anything else.  I get the printout and it has charges for each day.  WHAT!?  I say to the girl behind the counter (and I say girl because she was 21 if she was a day) that this was a mistake and that I didn't have time to explain the whole situation and she didn't have the authority to fix it anyway.  Austin had to fix it and he would not be in for hours.  She said she would have Austin look at it and I took his direct phone number and left for the airport.  I am telling you this pre-paid nonsense has been a pain.

The flight was on time and I got in my seat.  Overall the flight was uneventful.  About halfway through I have on my noise cancelling headphones and I hear this noise.  It sounds like a video but I am on a plane so why would I hear a video?  I take off my headphones and I hear it louder.  I look back and in the seat behind me there are 10-12 year old kids watching some sort of video or movie without headphones.  I waved down a flight attendant and pointed it out.   He informed them that they needed to use headphones and he could give them some.  This brings up the discussion I have been hearing about the possibility of people being able to use phones.  That was just a video and I could hear it with noise cancelling headphone on.  I can't imagine someone on the phone next to me and how loud that would be.  Flight attendants will be run ragged. 

I arrived home and relaxed.  I received good news about my mother so I could relax a bit.  I unpacked most of the items and then ate some food.  Home Sweet  Home.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!