Wednesday, May 5, 2021

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO

 Happy Cinco de Mayo!  I made a twist on nachos for dinner to celebrate.  My nachos had corn tortilla chips, lentils, baked Japanese sweet potatoes, salsa, tomatoes, and vegan cheese.  I used mozzarella cheese.  It tasted so good I ate the whole thing.  I am so full right now I can't move.

Today is also a day of reflection.  It is the anniversary of Happi's birthday.  I miss her so much still.  


A funny story from when I took Lucky to the vet yesterday.  I haven't cut my hair since last August or October.  I can't remember.  I was in my car with my mask on and the vet came out and came to my car.  He pet Lucky and walked away. He has known me for 25 years and he walked right up to my car, pet my dog and didn't recognize me!!  Then I got a call.  It was him asking where my car was.  He came over again and laughed so hard.  He said with my long hair he just didn't recognize me.  So funny!

Lucky's test results came back very good.  Nothing wrong.  He said she is in very good condition considering her age.  She is about 13 years old but she still acts like a puppy.  People can't believe she is that old.  My neighbor's chihuahua is the same age and she looks way older than 13 years old.  Maybe the adoption agency was wrong about her age when I adopted her.  Who knows?  Good news is that she is doing well.  I did have to change her food as an experiment.  She was licking constantly and I already stopped feeding her the dry food in the morning and now I need to stop feeding her the dry food at night because she may be allergic to chicken.  If it makes her stop licking I will do almost anything because the licking drives me crazy.  First it was the snorting and now it is the licking.  The dog seems to have developed allergies in her old age.  Getting old is the pits even for dogs...

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!