Monday, May 17, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-TWO OF COOKING COURSE

 The roofer came again to try and seal the cracks in the roof but, alas, it was too wet again. We are now planning on Friday morning.  Unfortunately, I just found out the inspection for my solar system is also Friday morning.  I will have to reschedule the roofer.

I had a lot to do today with my cooking.  Last night I soaked two batches of nuts for two different recipes.  The recipe I was making today was a Japanese Menu.  The other set of nuts needed to be rinsed and put in the dehydrator to now dry them out.  I know that sounds weird but it changes the way the nuts behave.  

The Japanese Menu consisted of sunflower seeds soaked and put in a blender with some other items and it made a Un-Tuna Pate. It was a pate that a bit fishy because it had wakame seaweed in it.  Then I made a Ginger Sauce that is for dipping.  Lastly I put the Nori Sushi together.  I rolled the sushi with the pate and vegetables in the nori sheets.  It is definitely a different type of sushi.  

I gave the sushi to my dog walker since I do not like most sushi.  I kept some of the pate to eat with crackers and veggies.  It is really good as a dip.

I have two sets of nuts soaking for tomorrow and one set of the nuts from last night in the dehydrator.  To be a raw vegan eater you really need to be organized.  

Still no car.  They can't find a part and since things are moving slowly from Europe it is hard.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!