Sunday, May 23, 2021

4,000 STEPS

 I went on a long walk today with Lucky.  What really happened was that we started out on what has become our regular path but there were more people out walking and doing things than we expected so I had to make a detour.  That detour made me miss the turn we usually take.  Then I saw a road that we never walked up before and I thought that road would take us to where we were supposed to be.  It turns out we were on the road we were supposed to be.  I just didn't recognize the houses.  So we walked up the little dead-end street and there were these cute stairs.  Who can resist some cute stairs?  We walked up the stairs and continued on that street.  Then I realized what street I was on and we walked way out of our way.  Once we got to the top of the hill we wound our way down and found another staircase and got the place we were originally looking for.  Then we got home. It was a total of 4,000 steps. It was a good workout.  

I saw a post on instagram of a person who has spent months "walking the Amazon". They didn't walk the Amazon obviously but walked the same number of miles.  She also asked for donations to help save the forests.  She is walking almost 4,000 miles.  

I have been thinking of setting a goal for walking.  Not the Amazon.  More like the Pacific Crest Trail.  I have always wanted to hike it but we all know that is not going to happen.  What would happen if I hurt myself?  How would I keep my medicine cold?  What types of infections would I get?  What would I eat?  There are so many questions.  I think I could "hike" the PCT in my home town and bring up pictures to look at.  Maybe read the book or watch the movie Wild again.  Motivate me to finish the hike.  I would not have to lose a boot or tape one on my foot.  It is only 2,650 miles.  I did the math on a walking calculator (did you know they have those?) If I walk very slow (2 mph) and I did the length I did today it would take 1,931 days.  But I can walk faster especially if I don't have Lucky with me and if I stay away from the horribly steep hill I walked today.  If I walk 4 mph and walk 4,000 a day it would take me 1,276 days.  I think the point is that as time goes on, you build up speed and endurance.  Before Covid I was walking 6,000 miles per day easy.  I have a smart watch and it would tell me when I hit my mark of 6,000 miles per day.  I need to think more about this but I may try it.  Good exercise and gets the blood flowing.  I was doing so good during most of Covid.  I stopped around the vaccines between my flare and the way I felt with the vaccines.  I need to get back to walking or riding the bike.

Today I did not cook exactly.  I watched the water kefir I made last night grow.  I will show it tomorrow.  I posted this picture from something I made last week.


Basically I took these items out of the fridge and tried to make something out of them for lunch.  I ended up sauting the spinach and peeled zucchini (from the Zoodles) in vegan butter.  Once they were softened, I added the red thing which was leftover marinara sauce from my Italian Menu with the zoodles.  That gave the spinach and zucchini some flavor.  When it was done cooking I put the coconut bacon on top. I didn't use the ginger sauce.  I love taking leftover ingredients and making something with it. 

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!