Friday, May 28, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-ONE OF COOKING COURSE

 My day started with making kombucha.  Last night I sterilized the jar to put it in.  This morning I made the first step of kombucha which is putting tea bags in boiling water and then adding lots of sugar.  Then add that mixture to a larger jar of water and add the kombucha scoby.  It is a lot of steps and waiting for things to boil and then for them to cool down.  It is done and now it sits and waits for 4-15 days. I tried a sip of the concoction and it tasted tart and sweet at the same time.  

The scoby is the yellow thing floating on the top.  The scoby is a slimy round thing that comes in a liquid.  Scoby is “symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast”.  Fermentation is a chemical process in which carbohydrates like sugar or starch turn into alcohol or acid.

After making the kombucha I went for a walk for about 30 minutes.  Lucky had gone with the dog walker so I was on my own. I went on a new path and I liked it a lot.  I may use this path now for awhile.  

I bought some streaming movies.  There is a film festival coming in June and I bought a season pass and 6 movies.  Then I bought Cruella for this weekend for something fun to do.  

Oh, out of the blue my health insurance sent me a letter that my monthly fee amount has been decreased.  I am not sure why but who am I to argue with them??

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!