Thursday, May 20, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE OF COOKING COURSE

 I understand people get busy and have emergencies.  I do.  I have a life too.  Well, usually I have a life.  A busy one.  The reason I am kvetching is that I have a friend (not a close one) who contacted me to do a distanced visit a couple of weeks ago.  It was going to be my first visit after my vaccines and my two week wait period.  I was nervous and excited.  I worked on my backyard and cleaned my lawn furniture so we can sit outside.  I made a banana bread so we could have something to eat.  On the day she was supposed to come over she emailed me that a semi-emergency came up and she had to cancel.  Okay.  No problem.  I parceled out the banana bread because the last thing I needed was to eat it all.  

I waited a bit and we rescheduled for today.  I waited for another cancellation.  Nothing.  I made a vegan cheesecake (okay, it was for my class but I waited to make it so it would be ready for her visit) and cleaned off the lawn furniture again.  So today around noon I emailed her to say " are we still on?  If you need to cancel, I get it since your trip is in a few days."  I know I sounded understanding but I didn't think she would cancel again.  She cancelled on me AGAIN.  This time with no emergency just "we have a lot to do".  

Am I weird?  Is it the norm to make plans with someone and then cancel at the last minute or hours before hand?   Or not even cancel for a reason?  Then she emails "maybe we can meet up after my trip and go for a walk in the park."  And have me at the park waiting for her to arrive??  No, thank you.  

Now I have an entire cheesecake I am going to end up eating out of frustration!  Darn.  The dog walker better take a big piece! 

 

Then I worked on another recipe that had three stages.  I had to leave one stage dehydrating for a few hours.  I will show it tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!