Thursday, May 13, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN OF COOKING COURSE

I got up early because the solar people said they would be here between 8am and 10 am.  Don't you wish you could tell people you would be there "between 2pm and 4pm".  It would make it so much easier.  Of course I was ready at 7:55am and they showed up at 9:45am.  But they showed up and they were ready to work.  My roofer showed up also.  I sent him two reminders: one last night and one this morning.  I realize that is the best way to get action.

My roofer came to make sure they were adhering the panels to the roof in the right way.  You may think that is redundant but years ago I had a deck attached to my little roof and I found out when it rained months later that they adhered it by making holes in my roof and the water leaked through to my ceiling.  Yeah.  Nice.  I hired my current roofer to remove the deck and fix the roof and put the deck back on.  That is why I trust him.

The solar people got 1/2 way done.  They worked very hard all day.  It was serendipitous that my car is still in the shop because they stored their stuff in my garage overnight.  

I used the morning to make make Coconut Kiwi Porridge.  In the USA that is oatmeal with apple, cinnamon, coconut, kiwi, walnuts, and hemp seeds.  It tastes really good and is really filling.  

I spent most of the day dealing with solar install and roofers.  

I also think I broke my toe.  I thought it was just bruised but I am now leaning toward it being broken.  It happened last week.  I was rushing to do something (who remembers what now) and I hit it really hard on the dog stairs going to the couch.  I usually walk around the stairs but Lucky was standing at the base of the stairs and I was in a hurry and I tried to leap over the stairs.  Hence, banging my foot.  It hurt a lot.  I ignored it like most of us do.  I assumed it was just bruised and as time went on, it got worse.  I had another friend who broke her toe and she went to the hospital for x-rays.  The ER told her basically there is nothing they can do but tape it to another toe and she needs to keep off it.  Well, I can do that by myself.  So, after a week of ignoring it, I taped it and it feels much better being taped.  It still hurts but being taped seems to help.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!