Saturday, May 15, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY OF COOKING COURSE

 We got up early and went for a long walk. Just as we stepped outside, it started to rain. We had to come back for a coat and umbrella. By the time we got two blocks it stopped.  We picked up my mail and walked home.

The roofer arrived around 9 am to seal a few cracks as well as the crack in my shingles he found the other day. I will be happy to have that fixed. Every time it rains heavy I hear “tick tick tick” where the water is dripping and it drives me crazy. Hopefully this crack is the problem. The roofer showed up and got up on the roof. It was too wet to do any sealing but he took a good photo of the solar panels for me. 

Once the roofer left I started cooking. I first made nut milk in order to make a few more recipes. Then I used some of the nut milk to make Chia Porridge. When I made Chia Porridge before I didn’t like it very much. This time I made it with sweetener, cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, and chia seeds.  It tasted like hot cocoa or chocolate milk. I put bananas and chocolate nibs on top. 
I had to have a shopping delivery of nuts. I had no idea how many nuts raw food uses.  I bought a bunch of nuts to last for a bit. 

I was very tired today and took a nap. I m not sure why I am so tired but a nap helped. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!