Sunday, May 16, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-ONE OF COOKING COURSE

Well, this evening I heard a beeping.  It was a weird beeping and not the normal "your phone is beeping or you set an alarm or your smoke alarm needs a battery" beep.  I just had solar panels installed so I was thinking "oh no not the solar system".  I went around the house trying to locate the home of the intermittent beep.  Finally I found it downstairs from a carbon monoxide detector.  It is a plug in type with a back up battery.  I thought okay the battery has died.  I changed the battery and it was still going off. Now I got nervous.  

I was nervous because I just finished cooking with the oven door propped open for almost 2 hours.  I thought what if that caused the carbon monoxide detector to go off?  I have a very old Wedgewood stove/oven probably from the 1940's or 1950's.  I love it but I did get a little nervous when the carbon monoxide detector went off.  

Turns out the carbon monoxide detector had just lived it's life.  I figured it out by putting my new carbon monoxide detector downstairs and it didn't go off and then I put the old detector outside and it was still going off.  It was clear there was no carbon monoxide.  The detector just died.  I also called my brother just to check and he agreed that I was not going to died from carbon monoxide any time soon.  

I cooked Raw Bread today.  I had to clean my new dehydrator before any work could start.  

First, I had to make more almond milk to get the nut pulp.  The nut pulp is used to make the raw bread.  I mixed the ingredients for the raw bread and added thyme from my garden.  I put it in the oven to dehydrate.  Once it was "dry" I cut it into slices and put it in my dehydrator to finish it up. I put olallieberry jam on one, almond butter and roasted sesame seeds on another, vegan cream cheese and sun-dried tomato on another and vegan gouda cheese and olive on the last one.  The raw bread is nutty and really good.  It isn't dry but moist. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!