Saturday, November 3, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 3

It was a nice warm day and I completed some tasks that had been on my to do list for some time.  Cleaning the bird cage, putting away the empty fish tank, and then I ran to the bank and the post office.

I stopped off to get a sandwich and I asked (as I always do) if the deli worker would "PLEASE change her gloves, thank you I am a vegan".  The deli worker made a snarky remark and then laughed.  I said "I asked you nicely".  The woman in line next to me looked at me and made a face like "she had nerve".  I said to the lady "you know there are other places to get a sandwich that won't give me attitude".

I walked away from the counter and went to the checkout.  I was just going to walkout without the sandwich but I shop at this store A LOT and I know the manager.  I asked if he was working today.  He was.  He asked me what happened and I told him.  He walked right over and asked another staff person to make me a sandwich.  The original sandwich was available but he said don't take it.   We had a long talk while my sandwich was being made.  I have lived in the area for 25 years and have shopped in that store for that long.  I want the store to succeed and we talked about how he needs to know if his staff are treating people rudely otherwise people will just stop shopping there and he will never know why.  I maybe a nudge but I will tell you why I am dissatisfied so the manager can fix it.  Then if it doesn't get fixed, I will decide if I come back.  He told me he wants to know.  He gave me the sandwich for free and said thank you and have a nice day.

I have to say, I really enjoyed that sandwich!

While in the store I took a photo for the Photo Challenge.


It made me smile!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!