Tuesday, November 20, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 20

Photo Challenge picture of the day.

I saw this on my way to my client's office today.

My day started out early.  I had to take Lucky to the vet first thing.  Turns out she has a cut at her toenail on her left back foot.  It is infected.  One of three things will happen: 1) she will heal and be fine, 2) the toenail will fall off and she will be fine or 3) they will have to remove the toenail and she will be fine.  She was not happy when the vet touched her toe in the exam.  The vet says to me I will send you home with oral antibiotics and a topical cream.  I said to him didn't you just see how she reacted when you touched her toe?  Do you want me to get bit?  The vet says We also have an antibiotic shot that lasts 10 days and an anti-itch shot that lasts 10 days also. I said I want that!  So they gave her the shot and she seems better.  I have not taken off the cone except for her to eat, then it goes right back on.  If she is still having toe issues in 10 days she has to get another shot.  Since it will be right in the middle of my brother's wedding, my friend offered to take her.


For dinner I made a lovely Vegan Curry Butternut Squash Soup with Kale.  It is so super good.  I didn't cook the butternut squash enough.  Well, that isn't right.  I don't think I made all the pieces of butternut squash even so when they cooked there were some that didn't cook as well as the others.  Most of the pieces were thoroughly cooked but a few where a little firm.  Next time I will take more time.  It was late and I was in a hurry.  I also cooked the rest of the butternut squash by cutting slices and roasting in the oven.  I can eat them over the next few days on a salad or in a grain bowl or a burrito.  The uses are endless.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!