Friday, November 16, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 16

UGH!

Photo Challenge picture of the day.  I had a picture I took yesterday and I was going to use that picture but I have not left the house today due to the "Very Unhealthy Air Quality".  It is a purple on the air quality chart.  That is one level lower than Maroon.  Maroon is toxic air.

This was taken today.

This was weeks ago.

The smoke hurts your lungs if you go outside.  Today two people I spoke to were sick from the smoke.  One person said their doctor said it was like carbon monoxide poisoning.  Both of them got lightheaded then began vomiting.  Both, it turns out, had leaks where the smoke was coming in a vent and they were breathing it in.

This is so bad they have cancelled all schools, tourist attractions, public transportation is free, and libraries are staying open late so people have a clean place to go.

I am supposed to be at a going away party for a colleague but I am not leaving my house.  My gardener called to say she is coming next week instead of tomorrow.  I am supposed to go to the movies tomorrow and I think it will be okay.  What better place to be than a movie theater!?

Of course, we have it easy.  We have a home to sit in.  We have our lives. We have our jobs.  We have our dogs and families.  For us it is an inconvenience.  For those in the fire zone, they have lost their homes, animals, family members, and jobs.  My heart goes out to them.  Please donate to a reputable organization to help.

For animal relief, the Butte Humane Society at 2580 Fair St. in Chico is accepting pet supplies, such as wet and dry dog and cat food, litter boxes, kennels and carriers, leashes and toys. For those who don’t live nearby, the Humane Society also set up an Amazon wish list to donate pet supplies online.

Or you can donate to the San Francisco SPCA Disaster Relief Fund that has taken in 30 injured animals.  The Fund is going to take care of their injuries, house them and reunite them with their owners when the time comes.  San Francisco SPCA shows up to most disasters to assist with animal rescue.

Help if you can.  The animals always get forgotten.  They are wo/man's best friend.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!