Monday, November 26, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 26

Photo Challenge picture of the day.

What a day! 

Last night after I wrote my post, I called the vet on the emergency line to see what I should do about this situation.  She peed in the house 6 times and once on my bed.  The poor girl was in a bad way.  The doctor said to bring her in first thing in the morning and he would run a test on her.

I brought her in at 7 am and they did an ultrasound on her belly.  They checked her kidneys and stomach.  They also ran tests and she has no kidney infection.  That is the good news.

At this point if you are squeamish, stop reading!  I'm going to talk about women's stuff.

It turns out that her vulva is not protruding as it should.  It also has scar tissue probably from her licking it when she has had these UTIs.  To fix this, they have to do a bit of doggie plastic surgery.  It is a little surgery to fix her female bits that way the urine will not get trapped and then get infected.

Squeamish folks can start reading again.

While she is under anesthesia, they are also going to finally do an endoscopy and see what is wrong with her tummy.  The current thought is that she has some bacteria that is trapped in her tummy and the current antibiotic is not killing it.  Until they know what bacteria it is, she will not get better.  So they will go in and take some samples and culture them.

The poor dog has such a bad time with sedation.  She was so out of it.  She peed all over because she could not walk.

This evening the new dog sitter came by to do a check in.  Lucky is in love with her.  Or maybe it is her treats.

In all the confusion, I forgot my RA doctor appointment.  I remembered it in the morning but in the afternoon while caring for Happi, I totally forgot.  I hope the doctor's office is okay with it.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!