Sunday, November 11, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 11

Photo Challenge picture of the day

 I thought this onesie was so adorable and funny at the same time.  It has dogs dressed in holiday sweaters.   And what is up with the white belly?  I could not figure that part out. 

Okay my post for the day.  I am cutting the cable cord. Friday I tried to watch a show on On-Demand.  It said $5 to rent.  WHAT??  I tried a bunch of channels and shows and they said the same thing.  I do not want to tell you what I pay for cable and I pay for two premium channels and get one for "free" in the package.  I tried those premium channels on-demand and once again $5.  I thought it must be a mistake.  So yesterday I called the cable company and they told me that on November 3, they changed the policy and many channels are no longer free for on-demand.  The letter explaining will be mailed out next week.  WHAT?  That seems a bit backward.  Aren't you supposed to get the letter first? 

I spent the evening figuring out what to do.  I checked out HBO Now, Showtime, and Hulu.  They all have 7-day trials so I can try them out. 

This morning I called the cable company and told them I was canceling my premium package.  The customer service person seemed unconcerned.  I have been a customer for more than 25 years and I guess that means nothing these days.  I now have basic cable and that may be going away soon.  I want to check out Hulu first to see if I like it.

Then came the time consuming part.  Last night I tried to log into Hulu with no success.  Today I called customer service and told them I was unable to log in.  I had a Hulu log in about 10 years ago when it was a free service.  Turns out my log in was active in the free service but I was unable to use it with the current service.  The nice guy had to contact three different departments to clear it up but it got straightened out.  I got the free 7 day trial. 

Now I have to see if I like it.  It has DVR, on-demand and live TV.  So far so good.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!