Thursday, November 22, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY 22

Happy Thanksgiving!

Photo Challenge picture of the day:

It is still raining.  The sky is blue and the air is clear.

I woke up and cooked chicken and rice for the next few days for the dogs.  Then I took the dogs for a walk when the rain stopped for a few minutes.  Then I started cooking for Thanksgiving.  I am going to some friend's house for appetizers.  They are eating very late so I am just staying for a few hours.

I made Cauliflower Buffalo Bites for us to munch on.  They turned out okay but I ran out of Panko before I was done so some of the bites don't have any crunch.  The guys liked them and kept the leftovers for tomorrow.



Then I made Kabocha Squash Soup again.  The Kabocha squash was not as fresh as the one I got from my delivery service. The Kabocha squash is the round green item in the right back in the photo.  The soup tasted okay but it wasn't as tasty as the soup I made a couple of weeks ago.  I did the best that I could.  The guys liked it and ate a bowl each.  Once again the guys loved it and kept the leftovers to eat tomorrow for lunch.


I spent three hours with the guys talking and catching up since the kid was at work.  There was a little thing that came up.  It reminded me of the stories my sister-in-law writes about with her kids.  I take my friends son to places to give my friends some respite and also because I really enjoy spending time with their son.  One of the things we do a lot is go to the movies.  He and I enjoy the same types of movies: Star Wars, Superheros, and fantasy.  His fathers are not as keen on those types of movies.  So I step in and take him either by myself or with a group of folks.

Usually he pays for his own way.  For about the last six months he has been showing up and saying he forgot the money or he doesn't offer to pay and I don't bring it up.  So I end up paying for the movie since these days I have to buy the tickets in advance.  A few months ago, my friend H bought the tickets and he didn't pay H back and I had to cover him.

Last night I found out in passing conversation that his parents have been giving him money for the movies and he has not been giving it to me.  His one dad was so angry we had to calm him down.  The other dad was more rational and we made a plan for the future to make sure I get the money and he is held accountable for giving it to me.  I have also been instructed to make him pay for his own snacks at the theater.  The kid has a job and since he has been keeping the money, he should be paying for his own snacks.

Overall it was a good adult time.  It was nice to have somewhere to go and not have to stare at a dead bird.  I had just enough food for the afternoon and came home to eat the rest of my butternut squash soup.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!