Wednesday, May 25, 2016

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY-EIGHT OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 268.  Today I went to the breast cancer doc to see what is going on with the sharp pain I am having in my breast.  The pain comes and goes and feels like something is hitting a nerve.  I don't think it is cancer but I think it may be a cyst.

The doctor did an ultrasound and although I have a very small cyst, there is nothing there.  She thinks it is my rheumatoid arthritis.  There is a bone that rubs up against your rib cage and that causes friction and people with RA sometimes get pain there and it radiates into the fat part of their breast making their breast feel like it hurts.  So it is the RA.  She was all apologetic.  I was happy.  RA!  Piece of cake.  At least it is not breast cancer.  Funny how you would rather have one thing over another.  So I will be fine.  Crisis avoided.

My brother came to visit for lunch today.  He lives on the East Coast but he was meeting someone nearby and stopped in to visit for a few hours.  It was nice to see him and have lunch.  Then he was off to see his boyfriend at his convention.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!